Powerful, Nonflammable Degreaser
⚠️ WARNING: This product can expose you to chemicals including 1-Bromopropane which is known to the State of California to cause cancer or reproductive harm. For more information go to www.P65Warnings.ca.gov
|Safety Data Sheet||Product Data Sheet|
Hypersolve™ is an established cleaner solvent degreaser based on stabilized, n-propyl bromide also known as 1-Bromopropane, CAS # 106-94-5. Originally designed as an alternative for traditional Chlorinated solvents, Hypersolve™ has physical properties [Solvency, handling and drying characteristics] and cleaning efficacy similar to that of 1,1,1-Trichloroethane (TCA) and Trichloroethylene (TCE). Hypersolve™ has very low ozone depletion potential (0.002) and no flash point.
For a free estimate call (888) 996-8436 x 125 or email.
- Adhesive and sealant removal
- Asphalt Extractions (Bituminous Asphalt)
- Automotive parts cleaning
- Carbon soil removal
- Drying agent
- Metal cleaning, hydraulic parts, wheels and brakes
- Non-destructive Inspection
- Precision cleaning
- Printed wiring board cleaning
- Surface wipe cleaning
Applications include metal, electronic, and precision cleaning, cold cleaning and vapor degreasing a variety of contaminants and substrates. Hypersolve™ cleans difficult contaminants such as oils, greases, adhesives, solder fluxes, and resins commonly found in aerospace, defense/military electronics, medical and metal working. 6850-01-450-6165 (4×1), 6850-01-450-6162 (5-gal) and 6850-01-450-6160 (55-gal) NSN for military users
- Cleaning performance – ability to remove a broad range of soils with wide applicability
- Superior Soil Lifting (KB Value = 130)
- Compatibility – Minimal production impact and little or no new capital investment with existing equipment and processes.
- Low ODP, GWP
- Non-Flammable – No flash point exhibited by standard ASTM procedures.
- Metals Compatibility – Properly stabilized, the cleaner is un-reactive toward metals like aluminum, magnesium, titanium, and brass.
- Rapid Drying – Quick dry-to-dry cycle.
- Low Solvent Loss – Low latent heat of vaporization allows rapid drying combined with low solvent loss through evaporation.
- Hydrolytic Stability – Hypersolve™ is stable in the presence of contamination by water a common problem in vapor degreasing operations.
- Recyclable – Ease of solvent recycle helps reduces costly solvent disposal and increases efficiency.
Cleaning and degreasing with nPB, n-Propyl Bromide is not without worker safety & health hazards. As recently as March 2013 the recommended exposure limits are under review with Manufacturers Recommended Exposure Limit of 0.1 – 10 PPM. How to reduce exposure to CAS # 106-94-5, n-PB, 1-Bromopropane? 3 strategies for mitigating risk:
- Personal Protection: Ventilation, respiratory and skin protection
- Adequate ventilation and precautions to prevent worker exposure above the safe limits are critical. Local exhaust ventilation is most effective to capture contaminated air at the source before nPB solvent can spread into your breathing zone.
- Process improvement: Using less
- Keeping containers and?equipment (lid on vapor degreasing unit) ?closed between uses and converting to pre-saturated wipes from nPB solvent soaked rags and keeping rags or pre-sat wipes sealed in an airtight container.
- Solvent Substitution: Using safer alternatives
- The best way to reduce exposure is to switch to products that do not contain n-Propyl Bromide, nPB. There are lots of nonflammable solvents with high Kb values that do not require stabilizers, alkalinity testing and frequent, expensive disposal costs.
Call (888) 996-8436 x 125 or email to discuss safer, cost-effective alternatives.