Electric Contact Cleaner – VOC Free, Rapid Evaporation with No Residue
|Product Data Sheet||Safety Data Sheet|
AK-225, HCFC-225 going away… What are your available degreasing and defluxing options?
Ecolink 3005 is an AK-225, HCFC-225-based solvent for degreasing in electronic assembly and repair, soldering, and desoldering applications and is commonly applied in ultra-sonic cleaning and vapor degreasing systems. Ecolink 3005 offers excellent removal of a wide variety of solder fluxes used in electronic manufacturing and repair including rosin-based and many no-clean and lead-free fluxes – and found to be less hazardous than many other solvents commonly used in vapor-degreasers for these sample applications: e.g. TCE (Trichloroethylene, CAS #79-01-6), nPB (n-Propyl Bromide, CAS #106-94-5), and Perc (Perchloroethylene, CAS #127-18-4). However, effective 12/31/14 it will phase out because of ozone depletion.
For a free estimate and to explore alternatives call us at (800) 563-1305 or email.
- Remove oils and hydraulic fluids from mechanical assemblies
- Clean handling soils from circuitry before reassembly
- Remove grease from assembly lines
- Clean fiber optic connectors
- Buffer gel from cable
- Contaminants from transmitters, amplifiers, and transceivers
- Soils from optical interfaces, electronic interfaces, and drive circuitry
- Airborne dirt from printed circuit boards
- Insulating residue from selector switches and relays
ECOLINK 3005 is a nonflammable, powerful cleaner well suited for metal cleaning and also used as a defluxer when soldering components with proven effectiveness at removing fluxes baked on at lead-free temperatures. Effectively remove oils, greases, and handling soils from electric motors, electrical equipment, precision devices, and other electro-mechanical or sensitive devices.
Ideal for cleaning heavy oils, greases, and handling soils from electronic and electrical equipment and other difficult contaminants such as adhesives, corrosion, dirt, fingerprints, sludge, solder fluxes, and resins commonly found in aerospace, defense/military, electrical power generation, electronics, medical, metalworking, and public transit maintenance. 6850-01-606-8559 NSN for military users.
• Rapid Evaporation
• Powerful cleaner, degreaser, and defluxer
• Leaves no residue
• Ideal for electrical/electronic fine parts
• Safe on plastics, electronic components, and other critical surfaces ** We suggest that you always test critical compatibility or call us for tech support.
Because of ozone depletion, AK225 (also known as HCFC-225) will phase out in the US on January 1, 2015. For more information on the specifics of the phase-out and replacement chemistries: the AK-225 ban
With 25 years of solvent substitution experience for bulk and aerosol applications, we can make your conversion less stressful and at reduced lifecycle costs compared to AK-225-based aerosols. If we do not have exactly (100%) what you need already formulated and commercially available, Ecolink offers multiple custom blends that are safer, cost-effective, and equal or greater performance for as few as 50 gallons (1 drum) per year!
Call the Ecolink team at (800) 563-1305 or email to discuss long-term, compliant alternatives.