Methyl Acetate is Available!
Are you looking for a fast evaporating solvent with a mild odor? Methyl Acetate is the answer. It is perfect for industrial cleaning, coating, and ink resins. Methyl Acetate is ideal when quick dry-to-touch time is needed. Additionally, it can be used as a replacement for acetone.
- VOC exempt
- Excellent solvent activity
- Rapid evaporation
- High electrical resistance
- Low MIR value
- Readily biodegradable
Methyl Acetate uses in Manufacturing
Methyl Acetate has versatile applications. It is relatively non-toxic and biodegradable. It has fast evaporation rate it is often a key performance in cleaning agents.
- It can ether be used alone or in blended systems. Since it is a solvent that evaporates fast it is ideal to improve the performance of aerosols and other moisture-sensitive coatings.
- It can be used as a solvent for nail polish removers, perfumes, and cosmetics. Another benefit of Methyl Acetate is that it can reduce waste and extends the shelf life of coating systems.
- It can also be used as an environmentally friendly cleaner specially as detergents. Methyl Acetate removes heavier contaminants due to its excellent solvent activity and higher density without being harmful to the environment.
Methyl Acetate as an Acetone Replacement
Did you know Methyl Acetate can be used as an alternative to acetone? It reduces the cost and provides added performance benefits in some applications due to its higher flash point and hydrophobic properties. Methyl Acetate is biodegradable, volatile compound exempt and non-HAP (hazardous air pollutant). Another benefit of using Methyl Acetate instead of Acetone is that it provides higher electrical resistance which is more efficient for coating applied by electrostatic.