A general cleaning solution is a cleaner that companies rely on for various cleaning operations, or depend on for a specific cleaning operation that demands an excellent safety profile, such as Daraclean 282. This solution is a low-foaming, all-purpose cleaning solution that is certified to meet or exceed aerospace industry specifications for aqueous and alkaline cleaners.
For companies that perform in-depth cleaning operations, and must use a cleaner whose ingredients are not regulated or banned by the EPA, Daraclean 282 is an excellent option. In addition to the qualities mentioned above, the solution also boasts the following characteristics that make it a desirable replacement for standard cleaners used for aerospace applications.
- The cleaner produces low-foam and serves as an all-purpose alkaline cleaning solution that is used to safely remove various soils from aerospace equipment.
- The solution has surfactants, emulsifiers, and corrosion inhibitors that make it safe for most metals and is non-aggressive toward aluminum alloys, magnesium, and titanium.
- The cleaner has remarkable soil-rejecting qualities. After soils are removed from parts, they are suspended in the cleaner for a short time, and then unwanted soils are removed.
- Removing solids that Daraclean 282 makes rise to the surface of the solution can be done with skimming tools or filters, which effectively extends the life of the cleaner.
These points show the effectiveness of Daraclean for removing substances that accrete on metal and are difficult to remove with over-the-counter (OTC) cleaners. Unlike many OTC cleaners, Daraclean 282 is formulated to offer excellent cleaning action for a variety of metals that require a cleaning solution that excels at maintaining the function and appearance of the following metals, any of which can be highly reactive when the wrong metal cleaner is applied.
- Anodized aluminum
- Brass and bronze
- Carbon steel and cast iron
- Stainless steel alloys
- Nickel and superalloys
The solution also demonstrates moderate effectiveness for cleaning magnesium and titanium. It should be noted that Daraclean 282 is not rated to clean zinc. In addition, the solution tends to demonstrate the least efficacy when it is used to remove carbonized soils from the metals above. If this prevents a problem for your cleaning operations, remember that Ecolink can create a customized solution that conforms to the requirements of your aerospace cleaning operations.
Need a New Alkaline Cleaner for Metal?
If so, Daraclean is likely to accommodate your needs, and then some. In addition to the solution’s superior cleaning power and chemical formulation that effectively treats most metals, the solution also has the advantage of not being regulated or banned by the EPA, and it is available in a 55-gallon drum that makes it economical, and easy to store in confined locations.
Is Daraclean 282 a suitable replacement for the solution that you currently use to clean aerospace metal? To find out, contact the chemical specialists from Ecolink. If Daraclean is not a good replacement, we will develop a solution that is tailored to address your unique needs. For more information about Daraclean 282, call us at (800) 563-1305, our use our contact page.
We look forward to providing you with a ready-made solution or a custom solution that meets your stringent cleaning needs for aerospace applications, without interference from the EPA.