Most resin and coating removers are very strong solvents, as they need to be able to effectively penetrate the layers of paints and resins to loosen the adhesion of the coating to the surface. These strong solvents are reliable for difficult removal processes but can come with unintended consequences to both workers and the environment; take BioSafe 1025 as an example.
What Is BioSafe 1025?
BioSafe 1025 was a solvent that many companies used for resin and coating removal processes. The chemical was eventually discontinued, seemingly due to the health and environmental risks associated with the product:
- Severe eye irritant
- Respiratory irritant
- Skin irritant
- Toxic to environment
- Toxic to the reproductive system
Are There Any BioSafe 1025 Alternatives?
Since many companies used this product before its discontinuation, they may be searching for a replacement that is just as effective. They would be happy to learn that there is a newly formulated product, called Safe Strip, that is not only the ideal replacement for BioSafe 1025 in terms of performance but is also environmentally preferred and significantly less toxic to humans.
What Is Safe Strip?
Safe Strip is an eco-friendly paint and resin remover solvent that effectively replaces hazardous products like BioSafe 1025, MEK, and methylene chloride. Here is a list of the preferable qualities of the solvent:
- Effective and reliable performance, similar to MEK or methylene chloride
- Low VOC emissions
- No ozone-depleting substances
- Removes coatings in only one step
- Effective on all coatings, even epoxy and polyurethane resins
- Significantly lower Inhalation Hazard Index than hazardous chemicals like MEK, making it much safer for both industrial and commercial applications.
- Can be used in gun cleaning tanks, immersion tanks, or as a brush-on, rinse-off solvent
Clearly, Safe Strip is the ideal replacement for traditionally harmful paint stripping solvents and ensures a much safer work environment.
Ready to Purchase?
Those who wish to purchase Safe Strip for their industrial or business needs should click here to explore the product page.
If you have questions about any of our products, please reach out to our knowledgeable staff. We’ll happily answer any of your questions and help you find the best product for your business!