Understanding what anti foaming agents are and how they differ from de-foaming agents is the first step in deciding which kind of product might suit your needs.
- A product acts as an anti foaming agent when it is added to your system(s), prior to the formation of foam.
- A product acts as a de-foaming agent when it is added to your system(s) after the foam has already been generated.
How is foam created? Foam is formed or generated by the presence of gas or air and by the agitation of fluids (liquids) through stirring, shaking, mixing, boiling, evacuating (sucking), and filling under high speed conditions.
Typically, anti foaming agents and defoamers are used in manufacturing industries, some of which may include applications like:
- The packing process aids for products like fruit juice and dairy products
- Egg washing
- Vinegar packing
- Alcohol distillation
- Paper and pulp processing
- Boiling and canning
- Oil drilling and gas scrubbing
- Re-usable bottle washing/recycling
- Jelly manufacturing
- Brine solutions
- Protein processing
Ecolink provides a variety of anti foaming agents that can be used across a number of industries. Products like our Foam Boss, which is a white, opaque soluble (alkaline) liquid that acts as both a defoamer and anti foaming agent in solution form that prevents the formation of foam and also removes foam.
Foam Boss Benefits:
- Highly concentrated
- For use in acidic and alkaline environments
Foam Boss Applications
- In sewage plants, Foam Boss drums can have tubes and valves plugged in to deliver the agent to aeration tanks, sewage entries, effluent lines, and digesters to reduce and eliminate foaming
- In recovery tank cleaning, adding an extra 2 ounces per 5 gallons of tank volume
- Adding to sprayers for carpet cleaners
Need Help Finding The Best Anti Foaming Agents For Your Practice?
Ecolink is a trusted provider of chemicals and solvents with over 30 years of experience to help you find the best chemical products for your needs. Contact Ecolink Here to speak with a chemist and find the best anti foaming agent solution for your use.