Paint and resin solvents are traditionally known for their aggressive qualities, as they need to be able to effectively strip coatings by penetrating the layers and loosening the coating’s adhesion to a surface. But this aggressiveness usually signifies that the product may not be safe for workers and individuals using them.
For most resin and paint removers, this is the sad truth, since the majority of these products contain dichloromethane as the active ingredient. Luckily, there are safer options on the market like Safe Strip, which not only is better for the environment but also for workers’ health.
Read on to learn more about the benefits of switching to Safe Strip.
What Is Dichloromethane?
Dichloromethane, or methylene chloride, is a volatile chlorinated organic solvent that is known to cause environmental damage and serious health effects. Some of these risks include the following:
- Contribution to ozone depletion
- Potentially a carcinogen, as high levels have been shown to cause liver and lung cancer
- Neurotoxin can cause damage to the brain and the central nervous system
- Can cause respiratory irritation
- Can cause severe eye irritation
- Readily absorbs through the skin
Are There Any Alternatives to Toxic Paint and Resin Removers?
Though most paint strippers include hazardous components, new products are being formulated to effectively replace them. One such product is Safe Strip, an environmentally preferred paint and resin solvent made to replace hazardous chemicals like MEK and dichloromethane.
What Is Safe Strip?
Other than being much safer for the environment, Safe Strip is also highly effective, cost-efficient, and creates a safer environment for workers and individuals utilizing them. The complete list of the benefits of utilizing Safe Strip over traditional paint stripping solvents is included below:
- Effective on all coatings, including epoxy and polyurethane resins
- No ozone-depleting chemicals
- Low VOC emissions
- One-step coating removals
- The highly effective performance, similar to MEK or dichloromethane
- Excellent paint gun cleaner
- Can be used in an immersion tank, gun cleaning tank, or as a brush-on, rinse-off solvent
Clearly, Safe Strip is the ideal eco-friendly replacement for outdated paint and resin solvents.
Ready to Place Your Order?
If you are looking to purchase an environmentally preferred option and create a safer workplace environment, you are in the perfect place! Click here to explore the Safe Strip product page and to purchase today, or click here to reach out to our specialized staff for answers to any questions regarding products.