IPA 99% Compared To IPA 70%
The Differences Between IPA 99% and IPA 70%
IPA 99% or Isopropyl alcohol 99% is used in many applications as a powerful cleaning agent and method of preservation.
IPA 70% is not the same as IPA 99%. IPA 70% is found in common household products such as rubbing alcohol.
IPA General Information
- Rubbing alcohol is a mixture of compounds, while isopropyl alcohol 99% is pure alcohol.
- IPA 99% is more closely related to propanol, while rubbing alcohol derives from ethyl alcohol.
- IPA 99% is not safe to ingest in any form and less common for consumer use, while IPA 70% as a product of ethyl alcohol can be found in common alcoholic beverages such as beer, wine, brandy, and whiskey.
- Rubbing alcohol is a variant of denatured alcohol.
- Rubbing alcohol has 70-95% ethanol, and can also be found as Isopropyl Rubbing Alcohol which contains around 95% ethanol.
- IPA 70% is also less toxic and flammable than IPA 99% and evaporates more slowly.
IPA 70% can be more versatile than IPA 99%, because IPA 70% can be safely used for both industrial and household applications.
Both IPA 70% and IPA 99% are useful antiseptics and play an important role in at home and professional medical care.
This is one of the many reasons that while IPA 70% may be cheaper and more versatile than IPA 99% in some circumstances.
Why Choose IPA 99%?
Sensitive electronic devices, such as computer chips, and circuit boards, are best manufactured with IPA 99% because of its fast drying and low water content qualities.
IPA 99% is also a much more effective cleaning agent than IPA 70%, because of its extremely fast evaporation and the fact that it is pure, completely non denatured alcohol.
Though IPA 99% is flammable, it is the strongest alcohol cleaning agent available to ensure optimal medical and industrial cleaning.
IPA 99% can also utilized to remove most inks, pastes, oils, and other contaminants associated with machinery and printing.
High purity alcohol is much better for cleaning electronics, because that is what is used in the manufacturing of the product.
The important difference between IPA 70% and IPA 99% to remember is that the additional 30% of substance that comprises IPA 70 is not always water, there may be additives included that would not be safe for all cleaning applications.
This uncertainty is where the purity of IPA 99 truly comes in handy.
IPA 99’s extremely fast evaporation leaves no residue behind after any sort of application.
This is one of the many reasons why IPA 99 is a better cleaning agent than IPA 70.
Simply put, Isopropyl Alcohol 99% is a safe, pure, strong, and effective solvent and cleaning agent that is useful in the medical, household, laboratory, and manufacturing industries.
If you would like to purchase IPA 99%, please call (800)-563-1305 or purchase IPA online here.