What Is Industrial Metal Prep?
Industrial Metal Prep is a commercial cleaning solution that is primarily made up of phosphoric acid, caustic potash, 1-methoxy-2-propanol, and propan-2-ol. It is an acidic solution that cleans, polishes, and de-rusts metal surfaces to prepare them for additional treatment. It also temporarily prevents rust from developing on metal surfaces.
Important Features of Industrial Metal Prep
Industrial Metal Prep possesses a number of excellent benefits that other rust removal products may not have. Some of these benefits include:
- Low flammability
- Available in two bulk sizes (5-gallon pails and 55-gallon drums)
- Low instability
- Functions as both a metal cleanser and as a rust inhibitor
Steps for Applying Industrial Metal Prep
Using Industrial Metal Prep only requires a few simple steps:
- First, read over Industrial Metal Prep’s Safety Data Sheet to ensure you are wearing the proper personal protective equipment and are informed about the potential dangers that Industrial Metal Prep can pose if used incorrectly.
- Industrial Metal Prep is a highly concentrated solution; dilute to a concentration of 1:50. For reference, this means about 3 ounces of solution will be needed for each gallon of water. However, if hard water is being used, a higher concentration of Industrial Metal Prep may be needed.
- Industrial Metal Prep can be applied to metal surfaces using either a hot water washer or a pump sprayer.
- Finally, it is important to note that Industrial Metal Prep should not be applied to surfaces with fragile paint or anodized aluminum. It also should not be poured into heating coils or pumping systems.
Where to Find Tidal Washer Products?
Are you interested in trying out Industrial Metal Prep to clean and de-rust metal surfaces? Industrial Metal Prep can be obtained from Tidal Washers, a division of Ecolink, Inc. Tidal Washers offers a range of parts washer detergents, exterior house cleaners, butyl degreasers, non-butyl degreasers, and many other industrial cleaning products. All of Tidal Washers’ solutions are formulated with the environment and our customers in mind, making them safer for workers and better for the planet.
Tidal Washers’ team of chemists is happy to answer any inquiries that you may have. We also create custom products for those who need unique or specialized solutions that they cannot find elsewhere on the market. To purchase Industrial Metal Prep or any of Tidal Washers’ high-quality chemical solutions, please email us at email@example.com or call 800-563-1305 today!
For more information about Ecolink and other Ecolink related questions, please contact us here.