Can you use acetone for cleaning metal? Yes, you can! Acetone is well known as one of the safest solvents to use for cleaning metal. Acetone is often used to clean metal in industrial applications to remove debris and build-up from machinery, as well as 3D printers, and in applications to clean metals before applying paint and other coatings.
There are three (3) primary reasons for using acetone for cleaning metal
- Highly effective – Acetone is widely used by many people for degreasing surfaces and removing stubborn stains. It is an amazing, inexpensive solvent that works pretty much everywhere.
- Competitively priced – Acetone is widely available because it is easily produced making it a very affordable and sought-after cleaning agent.
- Water-Soluble & Safe When used properly – Acetone, when used responsibly is a very effective cleaner that evaporates very quickly and easily dissolves stubborn build-up, oils, adhesives, and resins. Remember that acetone must be properly handled to prevent injury from inhalation and consumption, but when you follow proper use guidelines it is completely safe to use.
Ecolink provides acetone in various bulk quantities to accommodate facilities of all sizes. Our staff and chemists are your best point of contact to find out how acetone can be used to clean your metal surfaces.
Benefits of Shopping Acetone For Cleaning Metal with Ecolink:
- Bulk Supply – Ecolink offers bulk sizing for all its chemical products. This includes 5- gallon buckets and 55-gallon drums to accommodate facilities of different sizes and provide greater discounts for bulk purchases
- Knowledge and Experience – At Ecolink we have over 30 years of knowledge and experience to share with clients. Our team of expert chemists will make sure you get the best chemicals for your applications and provide you with proper use and storage instructions.
- High Quality – rest assured that the chemicals you purchase from Ecolink are high quality, stable, and safe to use with proper instructions.
- Eco-Friendly – Ecolink is dedicated to reducing the carbon footprint of the chemical industry. Our team can recommend a variety of green chemical alternatives if you are looking to make your practice more sustainable too.
Want To Learn More About Acetone and How It Can Help You Clean Metal?
If you are in need of acetone for cleaning metal, Contact Ecolink here and learn about the right chemicals for your needs!