|Safety Data Sheet|
- Dipropylene Glycol Monomethyl Ether or Glycol DPM is a highly hydrophilic solvent with an intermediate evaporating rate.
- These features allow Glycol DPM to be utilized for a wide range of solvent applications. Glycol DPM’s evaporating rate allows it to be used in a wider variety of solvent systems than other Glycol Ethers such as Glycol TPM.
- Glycol DPM hydrophilic property means that it reacts extremely well with water, and allows it to be an ideal coupling agent for water reducible coatings, industrial and household cleaning, silk screen printing ink, and fabric dyeing.
- The hydrophilic nature of Glycol DPM is why it is often used to prevent the emulsion in hydrophobic water-based solvents from coagulating.
- Highly soluble.
- Moderate evaporating rate.
- Low viscosity.
- Low surface tension.
Glycol DPM is able to be used for a wide variety of applications. It is useful on both a household and industrial level and is often used as a solvent or a coupling agent. Glycol DPM is useful in:
- Grease and paint removers
- Metal cleaners
- Hard surface cleaners
- Tail solvent for solvent-based printing ink
- Primary solvent for silk-based printing ink
- Stabilizer for agricultural herbicides
- Coalescent in floor polishes and finishes.