|Safety Data Sheet
This product can serve as a reagent and solvent that is not only non-toxic and biodegradable with tunable chemical reactivity but also is exempt from the restrictions placed on most VOCs in the US. Dimethyl Carbonate is virtually a clear, colorless liquid with a pleasant order and can be used as an eco-friendly alternative to dimethyl sulfate (or methyl halides) and phosgene for methylation and carboxylation reactions.
- Clear, colorless liquid with a mild, pleasant odor
- Versatile, non-toxic, and biodegradable
- Exempt from the restrictions placed on most VOCs in the U.S.
- Low evaporation rate
- Low density
- Freeze-thaw stability
- Low maximum incremental reactivity
Use Dimethyl Carbonate for:
- Paint and coatings as a carrier solvent or dispersing medium for binders, pigments, and colorants.
- Household, industrial, and institutional as a rapid biodegradability and low toxicity for most degreasing applications.
- Inks as a toluene and ethyl acetate replacement in Gravure ink applications.
- for Aerosols as lower VOC content due to low MIR value.
- for Resin Manufacturing as an alternative to alkylating agents used in a variety of synthetic and industrial applications.