Boiler & Cooler Waterguard is a dark purple, alkaline solution that contains sodium hydroxide (5%-6% by concentration) and sodium nitrite (10%-12% by concentration). It aids in the protection of closed loop water treatment systems and hot water boilers. Additionally, it contains corrosion inhibitors that prevent corrosion, rust, and scale buildup in these systems.
|Safety Data Sheet|
Boiler & Cooler Waterguard Benefits:
- Available in a 55-gallon drum, perfect for industrial use
- Includes a pH-dependent color indicator, allowing users to easily ascertain the pH of their water system
- Can be used with anti-freeze treatments to neutralize the acid that results from their degeneration
Boiler & Cooler Waterguard Applications:
- Boiler & Cooler Waterguard is a solution that primarily consists of bases, corrosion inhibitors, and a pH indicator.
- It can be utilized to help preserve closed loop water treatment systems and hot water boilers.
- 0.6 x the total system volume in gallons= the number of ounces of Boiler & Cooler Waterguard that should be added to a system.
- It may also be used at a rate of 600 fluid ounces per 1,000 gallons of water initially, and 64-80 ounces per 1,000 gallons of water thereafter.
- The nitrite level in the system should be kept at 1000-1500 ppm.