What Is a Humectant
What is a humectant? Merriam-Webster Dictionary defines the term Humectant as “: a substance that promotes retention of moisture”. There are several different chemicals that can be used as humectants including Ethylene Glycol and N-Butanol. Ecolink is a trusted bulk chemical supplier that provides a variety of high quality chemicals that can be used as humectants.
What are humectants used for? One common humectant is n-Butanol product which is an alcohol produced by the fermentation or petrochemical process of sugars derived from corn. It is a colorless liquid with medium level volatility. N-Butanol with its inherent humectant properties is found most often in numerous differing beverages and food products. The use of n-Butanol in food products as a humectant is considered a safe. This chemical helps food and beverages retain their moisture. Ecolink’s N-Butanol product has many other uses apart from food and beverages. Other humectant uses of n-butanol include:
- Additive in polishes and cleaning agents
- Additive in artificial flavoring
- Fuel Additives
- Cosmetics production and manufacturing
- Humectant for cellulose nitrate
Benefits of Working With Ecolink:
- Expert Knowledge – What is a humectant? What is the best chemical for your use? The expert chemists at Ecolink have over 30 years of experience to help you answer these questions and more while finding the right chemicals and solvents for your practice.
- Bulk Supply – Ecolink provides bulk chemical supplies from 5-gallon buckets to 55-gallon drums. This allows for the added benefit of bulk proving and ensures you always have enough of the chemicals you need on hand.
- Eco-Friendly – If you are looking to make your practice more eco-friendly, Ecolink offers a wide variety of green chemical alternatives as well as information and resources for chemical recycling.
What is A Humectant and Where Can Your Purchase In Bulk?
If you are in need of high quality chemicals for humectant use, contact Ecolink here! Ecolink is a trusted provider of high quality bulk chemicals that has the knowledge and expertise to help you find the best chemicals for your need. Call today to speak with a chemical expert and learn more!